Monday 2nd September
- Perfect Match Monday at Milk the Cow Licensed Fromagerie (157 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda)- This has to be the perfect way to improve your wine and cheese matching skills. With a range of L’Artisan cheese being washed down with Punt Road Wines, it’s a great way to start your week. The event runs from 7pm-9pm and is $38 a head. You can book here .
Tuesday 3rd September
- Mornington Peninsula Roadshow at Comme (7 Alfred Pl, Melbourne) – Come join the winemakers of the Morningon Peninsula as they bring you some their finest wines to sample in the lovely setting that is Comme (we all love Comme). Tickets are $30 a head, inquires can be made by phone on 03 5989 2377.
- Howard Park Masterclass at The Olsen Hotel (637-641 Chapel St, South Yarra) – Join senior wine maker Janice McDonald to taste 6 wines from the Howard Park Regional Range. A selection of canapes will be available and a magnum of the iconic Abercrombie will also be given away to one lucky guest on the evening. Tickets are $49 ahead and can be booked by phone on 9500 8259.
Wednesday 4th September
- 10th Annual Emirates Melbourne Cup Dinner at Grossi Florentino (80 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Come and view the Melbourne Cup Trophy while you enjoy a meal at the divine Grossi Florentino. With champagne on arrival and 4 courses with matching wines, this will be a stunning way to start the carnival. Tickets are $155 per head and you can book via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9662 1811.
Thursday 5th September
- Mountain Goat Beer Dinner at The Park (12 Watton St, Werribee)- Ok so this event is a bit west but if you love Mountain Goat and you love the idea of 5 courses served with 5 different beers then this event may be worth the travel. Head brewer and co-founder of Mountain Goat will be there to talk you through the pairings. Cost is $70 per head and you can book by phone on 9741 1441
- Flight night at Atticus Finch (129 Lygon St, Brunswick East) – On the first night of each month, Atticus Finch get set for a flight night. Arrive anytime and hand over $50 and you’ll get 12 beer samples and a selection of cured meats which is a great deal and a great practice night for the weekend.
- The Best of Grange at The Point (Aquatic Drive, Albert Park Lake) – Ok, so this is probably the most expensive event I have so far but wouldn’t it be amazing to go? A five course dinner with matching wines showcasing the best grange vintages including the 100 point scoring 1976 vintage (swoon!). Tickets are $695 a head and available here . P.S. If you do go, you must take photos of everything to send me so I can be properly envious.
Friday 6th September
- Celebrate the Asian Food Festival at The Block Arcade (282 Collins St, Melbourne) – This years Asian food festival is kicking off from the 1st Sep-15th Oct (info here) and as part of the celebration, The Block Arcade is serving up an east meets west banquet in the stunning setting that is the arcade. Dinner is at 6.00pm and costs $55 per head. They are also doing lunch on the 7th September. For bookings you can phone on 9639 4078.
Saturday 7th September
- City Cellar Door and Wine Tasting with bonus roast pork rolls at Cumulus Inc (45 Flinders Lane, Melbourne)- Come and check out the brilliant newish bar that is Cumulus up (admitting to bias here, I fully heart the joint) and taste your way through wine from the Macedon Ranges. Tasting run from 11am-3pm and roast pork rolls will be on sale throughout.
- Election Courtyard Wine Tasting (813-817 High St, Armadale) – Election driving you to drink? Well go and vote and after that, come to Armadale and drown your sorrows in style with wine tasting from Taltarni, Giaconda, Paradigm Hill and many more. Tickets are $25 per head and you receive a free Riedel stem with your tasting. Book in store or by 9509 3055.
- Winter Garden Tea Party at Campari House (23-25 Hardware Ln, Melbourne) – Ok so strictly speaking it’s not really winter anymore but it’s still pretty darn chilly. Just because it’s cold is no reason not to have yourself a tea party. The folks at Campari house are throwing a winter tea party with sandwiches, tea, scones, hot chocolate and blankets. They offer 2 different packages for the afternoon. Jasmine package is $35 a head and includes a selection of tea, hot chocolate and a selection of sweet and savory afternoon tea items. The winter-rose package is $45 a head and is as before with a teapot cocktail as well. Bookings can be made by going here.
- Kopparberg Cider Bar for Melbourne Spring Fashion Week (City Square, Swanston Street, Melbourne) Open from Mid Afternoon until evening, the Kopparberg Cider Bar is being set up for two days only to help celebrate Melbourne Spring Fashion Week. There will be champagne, cider and beer for sale so come along and sit and sip while watching artists do there thing, listen to live music and enjoy the twilight runway show. This will be a great place to stop on your way through town.
- Election Night at The Public Bar (238 Victoria St, North Melbourne) – Ok so this is not an event as such but the Public Bar are kind enough, once again, to allow a group of political die hards (and their entourage) to come and watch the election on their big screen TV. If you feel that after the votes are counted that you’ll need a drink and that maybe you don’t want to be disillusioned on your own, drop by, have a drink, and share your disappointment in the majority. Come say hi (I’ll definitely be here) it’s free entry and free hugs.
- Keep Calm and Drink Beer at The Belgium Beer Cafe (5 Riverside Quay, Southbank) – Join certified beer nerds Alex Henderson & Taz Matthews for this five course Beer tasting. Each beer will be accompanied by some carefully matched British food. This is the perfect remedy to the election. Tickets are $65 per head and can be booked here.
Sunday 8th September
- German Feast and Wine Tasting at Hofbrauhaus Bar and Restaurant (18-28 Market Lane, Melbourne) – Come and enjoy German food with a range of carefully selected wines at a great price. You will get 2 courses and 6 different wine tastings. Tickets are $50 per head and you can book here.
- High tea at the NGV (180 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne) – The NGV are holding a high tea in what is possibly the most stunning setting for a high tea, the great hall. Tea will consist of all the important tea stuff like cakes, pastries, sandwiches, scones and of course, bubbles. Places are $70 a head with children under 13, $35. To book, phone 8620 2440.