It’s Superbowl season again and even though I have zero understanding of the game, I do rather like standing around in a room full of enthusiasts while drinking beers and eating wings at 10am on Monday morning while all other sensible people are at work or in bed. To that end, here are a few places in Melbourne who are opening early, putting on the burgers and laying down some kegs or cans for your sporting enjoyment.
- The Duke (146 Flinders St, Melbourne) – Join The Duke for Super Bowl 2017! Kick off at 10am, game shown live and loud. Enjoy a $20 pot and parms between 12pm and 3pm. For bookings or more information on the event call 9810 0066.
- Elephant and Wheelbarrow (94-96 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Join The Elephant and Wheelbarrow for all the action of the Superbowl as well as $6 pints of Coors as well as food specials. Doors open at 10.30am.
- Melbourne Public (11 Dukes Walk, South Wharf) – Pull on your jerseys – it’s that time of year again. The annual Super Bowl party returns to Melbourne Public – with multiple screens dedicated to bringing to you all of the live action from Texas. Open from 8am, book a day off work and hang out with your buddies – playing American-themed games & selecting from an American inspired menu. VIP booths available, a free breakfast burger for those who book a reserved seat, Budweiser beer bucket specials & more. Tickets start from $15 a head with packages for groups. Get your tickets here.
- Ms Katie’s Crab Shack and Ding Dong Lounge (1/18 Market Lane, Melbourne) – Watch the 2017 Super Bowl at Miss Katie’s Crab Shack and Ding Dong Lounge. Doors open at 9am with all the action live. Grab some of Miss Katie’s famous Fried Chicken and Waffles, Mac & Cheese croquettes, BUFFALO WINGS and shack dogs or you can build your own Bloody Mary $16, choose your own adventure and create the most over the top bloody Mary from a wide selection of garnishes, pickle juices, hot sauces, seasonings and spices. For bookings and enquires email: email@example.com
- Royal Melbourne Hotel (629 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Come in and watch the match and enjoy the specials on offer Including $7 Buds, $9.90 Buffalo Wings and $11.90 Chilli Fries. Open from 10 am.
- P.J. O’Briens (Southgate Restaurant & Shopping Precinct, Southbank) – Join P.J.O’Brien’s Southbank for one of the biggest sporting events in the world! On Monday 9 February, doors open at 9am with an All American Menu & Beers including $7 Bottle Coors and $25 Bucket of 4 Coors. Watch the game Live with sound on all screens. Book by calling 9686 5011.
- The Turf bar (131 Queens St, Melbourne) – Watch the Super Bowl in Melbourne at the venue that started it all – Turf Sports Bar. Some seating still available but be quick for one of the biggest days of the year! Otherwise it’s standing room. Doors open 9am, with an All American Menu and buckets of Budweiser (4) for $25, plus prizes and giveaways. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9670 1271.
- Wharf Hotel (18-38 Siddely St, Melbourne) – Super Bowl 51 broadcast over 8 large plasmas! $14 Super Bowl eats: Southern Fried Chicken | Hot Dogs + more, $9 Budweiser | $25 Budweiser Buckets and $20 Breakfast Nachos + Bottle of Budweiser. Doors open 9am | Broadcast from 10am live Huston. Entry is free and you can book by calling 03 8680 6000.
- Young and Jacksons (1 Swanston St, Melbourne) – Watch the absolute best from the NFC and AFC battle it out for this seasons finale, and taking home the majestic Lombardi trophy. Doors open at early for all the coverage and build up footage. Book the day off work, grab ya mate, pull on your jersey, and head down to Young and Jackson. They will have all the usual ‘merican beers, a specially designed menu (did somebody say “wings”?!), and smokey Jack Daniels bloody mary’s to offer y’all. Coverage on our huge HD screen will transport you to all the action over in Houston, Texas. War paint, banter, and friendly rivalry is all encouraged!
- The College Lawn (36 Greville Street, Prahran) – From 10am to 2pm the College Lawn is offering you an all inclusive package for the Super Bowl. Food, Drink plus big screens to watch the game, all for $85 a head. You can book your spot here.
- The Fifth Provence (3/60 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – The Annual Super Bowl Party is on and it is better than ever! With 4 big screens and an additional 100″ Projector Screen showing the action with full commentary. They’ll also be doing $28 Budweiser Buckets (4), All American food specials, Budweiser give-aways & Live Tunes straight after the game! $10 Entry Fee. Call (03) 9534 4005 to book.
- Half Moon (120 Church St, Brighton) – Half Moon have got all the pre-game, during-game and post-game goodness going on from 9am, including Coors Beer buckets and Bourbon Bloody Marys to get the party going! They’ve also sorted out a delicious American-style brunch menu to keep you satisfied all day long.
- Inkerman Hotel (375 Inkerman St, Balaclava) – Catch every agonising touch down, field goal, conversion & foul of the 51st Super Bowl. $5 Budweiser stubbies available throughout the game!
- The Local Tap House (184 Carlisle St, Balaclava) – Join The Local Tap House upstairs at Wilfreds Bar from 10am to kick off Superbowl 50 party shown on the big screen live! For $25 you’ll get a can of Sierra Nevada and American themed food throughout the game. Don’t go somewhere else and drink watered down yellow fizzy beer! There’ll be 20 craft beers on tap as well as cans from Sierra Nevada Golden Road Brewing and Founders Brewing Co. Get your ticket online here.
- Middle Park Bowling Club (101 Canterbury Rd, Middle Park) – Super Bowl LI is nearly upon us and where better to watch it than Middle Park Bowls Club! Buckets of Budweiser for $20 and you’ll also receive a FREE Budweiser Cap with each bucket purchased. It’ll be a great atmosphere down here with American Style Chicken Wings and Succulent Ribs being served from 10am. Door Open 9:30am!! Bookings Essential! Call the club on 9690 4048 to reserve your spot now!
- The Prahran Hotel (82 High Street, Prahran) – Cheer, cheer, the Superbowl is here! Request an RDO immediately for the Prahran Hotel’s annual Superbowl Party. Doors open at 9am with all the action screened live with sound on 9 plasmas. To celebrate the Superbowl, Prahran Hotel will run an American dude food specials menu and $20 buckets of Miller (4 stubbies). Think Southern fried chicken nuggets with bacon mayo, mini dagwood dogs, an American double Angus burger with cheese and bacon and smokey BBQ ribs.
- The Precinct (60 Swan St, Richmond) – The Precinct’s Annual Super Bowl party is the ultimate way to watch Super Bowl 51 live from Houston Texas! This is the first year post refurb that it’ll screen on the massive courtyard TV as well as across the other 5 huge screens throughout the venue. Doors open at 8am with the kitchen serving up Texan style food and $25 Budweiser buckets. $15 for a general entry ticket or $25 for a reserved seat. Get your ticket here.
- Rosstown Hotel (1084 Dandenong Rd, Carnegie) – The Rosstown will be showing the 2017 Super Bowl in our sports bar on Monday the 6th February. Doors open at 9am. Meals deals and Budweiser specials will be available from 9 – 2.30pm. Group table bookings available from 9am.
- Silver Lake Social (198 Chapel St, Prahran) – Doors open at 9am with a 10.30am kickoff. There is limited space available so first in first served! They’ll have plenty of Buffalo Wings with pickled ranch, as well as the following drink specials for the duration of the game: $10 Brooklyn Lager pints, $12 Brooklyn & Woodford Reserve Boilermakers, $12 Woodford Reserve Tap Cocktails, Brooklyn & Salitos Beer Bucket Specials
- Skinny Dog Hotel (155 High St, Kew) – Take the day off and join the Skinny Dog Sports Bar for Super Bowl! Get the party started with buckets of Bud for $20 and epic Bloody Marys! They’ll be serving American BBQ style food all day too. Come cheer on your team at Skinny!
- The St Kilda Branch (204 Barkley St, St Kilda) – Catch the Superbowl 50 live at The Branch with 5 Hours of all inclusive drinks from 10am. Tickets – $65 The game will be on the big screens. Secure your tickets here.
- The Swan (425 Church St, Richmond) – Join The Swan Hotel for the 51st Super Bowl on Monday 6 February from 10am. They have $25 Bud Buckets, USA food specials and prizes and giveaways. As well as spot prizes for the best dressed fan!
- The Birmingham (333 Smith St, Fitzroy) – Open from 10am with Ribs and Wings specials and an all day Happy Hour including $7 pints of 4 Pines APA and Melbourne Bitter.
- The Catfish (30 Gertrude St, Fitzroy) – Showing Super Bowl 51 live on the big screen at the fish from 8am Monday! Sparrow’s Philly Cheesesteaks and beers flowing all day!
- The Great Northern Hotel (644 Rathdowne St, Carlton North) – It’s nearly that time of year again! Super Bowl Monday – the greatest excuse in the world to drink great American beers and eat delicious American food before midday. Make sure to book your tables early to get the best spots.
- The Leveson (46 Leveson Street, North Melbourne) – Join the Leveson for their annual Super Bowl party. There are 3 ticket types available, the VIP ticket for $90 which includes your a private room, a buffet and your first 3 drinks, or $80 for 2 drinks and a 3 course lunch or general admission for $15 which includes entry and your first drink. To book, call 9328 1109.
- The Old Bar (74-76 Johnston St, Fitzroy) – This year The Old Bar will be showing the Super Bowl on their brand new projector and booming through the PA.They will be opening at 8am which is both gross and amazing. Food will be provided by Lou’s Dogs. The event is sponsored by Brooklyn Lager and we will be selling cheap jugs all day.
- The Rochester (202 Johnston St, Fitzroy) – Come get into the spirit for the 51st Super Bowl at the Rochey. Opening the doors at 9am, with the game set to kick off around 10.30, they’ve got your day covered with the big game shown on the big screen and on TV’s throughout the venue, dude food specials such their new world famous cheese burger and hot dogs, as well as beer specials such as buckets of PBR cans for $25. Get in quick and reserve your spot now for you and your mates: email@example.com.
- The Royal Derby Hotel (446 Brunswick St Fitzroy) – Book your table now for superbowl 51 at the Royal Derby Hotel – Fitzroy’s Home of Sport have Budwieser buckets and an all American menu especially for the day. Book you table now: Enquiries@royalderbyhotel.
com.au or call 03 9417 2321 during business hours.
- The Penny Black (420 Sydney Rd Brunswick) – Penny Black are throwing the biggest Super Bowl party on the northside. They’ll be showing the game on two big screens, with the pre-game entertainment starting at 9am. Grab yourself a bucket of Bud for $25 and 1 kilo of wings for just $10 or our American burger special – that’s double patty, double cheese and a whole lotta USA vibe!
- The Provincial (299 Brunswick St, Fitzroy) – Join The Provincial for the Super Bowl 2016! Kick back and watch the big game with $20 beer buckets, or a $10 hotdog and Coors combo. For more information call 9810 0042.
- The Valley (McPherson St, Moonee Ponds) – How does relaxing in the summer sun watching the epic Super Bowl final LIVE on a Super Screen sound? Well that’s exactly what you’re in store for at The Valley! With FREE entry you will have more to spend on the delicious Food Trucks on-site and at the bars which will be selling $5 Budweiser’s throughout the game. The spacious lawn and decking will be filled with furniture and the atmosphere abuzz as one of the biggest sporting moments for 2017 gets underway. Score a touchdown at The Valley this Super Bowl Monday and don’t miss a moment of the action!
- Victoria Hotel (380 Victoria St, Brunswick) – Doors open at 9am. $20 buckets of Coronas and Buds all day plus Wings, Sliders, Nachos and Hot Dogs. Book your table now – 9388 0830