- Boilermaker House (209-211 Lonsdale St, Melbourne) – Boilermaker have got Stomping Ground Snakes Out Chocolate Stout on tap and house-made Guinness pies to match their special St Paddy’s Whisky Flight ($42). Four Irish Whiskeys to get you started on a big night.
- Elephant and Wheelbarrow Bourke St (94-98 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Come down to your favourite british pub in the CBD for breakfast on this most Irish of days for only $20, a pint of the nectar of the gods included. Or if you cannot make breakfast, come down later in the day, and enjoy classic Irish grub, wash it down with a Guiness or two and enjoy give aways throughout the day. To book your spot, call 9639 8444.
- Fed Square Good Beer Week Showcase (Fed Square, Melbourne)- Over two huge public sessions on Thursday and Friday evening, 36 breweries from Victoria and beyond will showcase their beers. As the official launch of the Good Beer Week 2017 program, it will also serve as a sneak peek to the ten-day beer festival in May, with food vendors from Good Beer Week serving up some of the best dishes they have to offer. nce again, there will be free masterclasses, meet the brewer sessions, and attendees will have the chance to vote for the Bintani People’s Choice beer and brewery of the Showcase, to be announced at the final Friday evening session. Tickets are just $50 a head.
- Irish Times Bar (427 Little Collins St, Melbourne) – Looking to head to a real Irish pub this St Patrick’s day? Then look no further- The Irish Times with it’s genuine Irish pub style wrap-around bars, traditional dark wood interiors, cosy fireplaces, beautiful stained glass windows and rugby memorabilia’s is the perfect place to be this 17th of March! Kick start your day with a Scrumptious Full Irish Brekky for only $20. Enjoy the best Guinness in town along with green giveaways, all-day Irish menu, Bagpipers and Live Irish Music all day!
- The Last Jar (616 Elizabeth St, Melbourne) – Come and celebrate St Patrick’s Day the traditional way at The Last Jar, starting with a big Irish breakfast from 8am, live Irish music all day, and of course, Guinness, Kilkenny, Magners & craft beers flowing on tap! There’ll also be live Irish music all day with two separate stages for live music.
- Loch and Key (L1/34 Franklin St, Melbourne) – Loch & Key and Teeling Whiskey are throwing the BIGGEST party of the year to date. Come rekindle your inner Irish and celebrate St Patricks Day in style away from those jam packed Irish bars. Kicking off at 5pm, join Loch & Key where they are certainly not short of all things Irish, not to mention the staff. With a fine selection of Irish Whiskey on the wall, come enjoy some Teeling Whiskey Cocktails on the balcony and Listen to some Celtic Punk from The Ramshackle Army kicking off the event from 5:30pm – 6:30pm, with more traditional Irish tunes playing out throughout the evening. Chow down on an Irish inspired menu by in house Chef Mark (Santos) O’Loughlin from 5pm – 10pm. Drinks Specials will be running the entire Day, Night…and morning …Slàinte Mhath
- Meat Market (54 South Wharf Promenade. South Wharf) – Join Meat Market & Jameson’s Whiskey ambassador, Max Hart for an evening of exceptional food & whiskey. Enjoy a cocktail on arrival followed by a 4 course meal matched with 4 outstanding whiskey’s including 2 of Jamesons newest additions from the “whiskey makers series”. Tickets are $79 a head and you can buy them here.
- P.J. O’Brien’s (Southgate, Southbank) – P.J’s will be hosting a Big Irish Breakfast from 8am ’til 11am which includes a Pint of Guinness or Glass of Sparkling $25 per person or $12 for the wee ones. They will be open from 8am until late with Live Irish Music, Irish Dancers and Pipers and plenty of Guinness flowing throughout the day and night!
- The Turf Sports Bar & Grill (131 Queens St, Melbourne) Come celebrate St Patricks Day at Turf Bar this year with food specials with an Irish twist all day. Irish Drink specials from 5pm. Irish music from 5pm till late.
- Young and Jacksons (1 Swanston St, Melbourne) – St Patricks day party falls on a friday, which is very dangerous for those of us who like to raise a glass (or ten…) to the emerald isle. This year Y&Js will have no less than 12 hours (with breaks; for beer of course) of live music! Jig your little heart out to some traditional Irish music, before setting in with Stuie Music and then rockin’ out to Mamma Jam through to the early hours. There will be extra Guinness on tap, and more than enough Jameson Irish Whiskey to match demand, and they have a heap of merch to give away! They even have a special Paddy’s day menu, and yes, there is colcannon, Irish lamb stew, and even a chocolate & guinness cake (yuuuummmmm)!
- Bridie O’Reilly’s Brunswick (29 Sydney Rd, Brunswick) – Doors will open at 9.00am for a full on Irish breakfast. You receive a free Guinness with every breakfast ordered between 9-12pm. With pipers and fiddlers from noon till 3pm and live music from 7pm-3am, plus a bunch of prizes and give aways.
- Dan O’Connell (225 Canning St, Carlton) – The doors swing open at 7am for brekkie, and it’s food, drink and entertainment from then on. Later in the evening, the U2 Show Achtung Baby are ready to rock out on the main stage, along with The Ramshackle Army, Tim Scanlan, The Lawnton Bowls Club & Fishermen’s Friend. They’ve got Irish dancers from The Christine Ayres school of Irish Dancing, the kitchen will be serving up some traditional Irish cuisine, and of course the finest Guinness money can buy. Free before 3pm, 9 bucks after. Get your tickets here.
- The Drunken Poet (65 Peel Street, West Melbourne) – The Drunken Poet is open from 12pm and will be serving their famous toasted sandwiches and live music from 5pm. Entry is free but get in early, its a small, intimate venue. They will be serving Guinness, Kilkenny, Magners Irish cider, a great selection of Irish whiskeys & Taytos on the day as well.
- The Lomond Hotel (225 Nicholson St, East Brunswick) – Come on down to the Lomond Hotel this St Patties day and celebrate the special occasion as they will be offering great Guinness give aways all day with the purchase of their lovely Guinness off tap. There will be live music from The Gin Club Two from 8.30 onwards which promises to be a great show. Last and not least there will be three Irish style dishes served from our kitchen.
- The Quiet Man (271 Racecourse Rd, Flemington) – It’s happening again! Melbourne’s favourite St Patrick’s Day Street Party will be kicking off again for 2017. Indoors, there will be live entertainment as well as food from 9am. Outdoors, the street party kicks off at midday with live bands, food vans, entertaiment and drink stalls.
- Parkview Hotel (131/137 Scotchmer St, Fitzroy North) – Come join in the fun at The Parkview Hotel, as they celebrate St Pat’s Day. Irish eyes were certainly looking down, when the day just happens to finally have fallen on a Friday.That means after work drinks, Friday member’s draw and much much more. Get together your mates, and come join in for a craic. Kilkenny, Guinness, Irish Car Bombs, or why not a Black Velvet? They’ve plenty to keep you occupied and if you’re so inclined, They’ll even turn your beer green!
- The Sung (68 Sydney Rd, Brunswick) – Yes that is right….. Its our favourite time of year again! The Guinness will be flowing, and the craic will be mighty! We are open from 10am serving Breakie Rolls and Pints of Guinness! Live music kicks off in the early afternoon right through to the wee hours of the night!
- Beer Deluxe (329 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn) – It doesn’t matter if you’re Irish by decent or at heart. Come and celebrate Ireland’s national day with Beer Deluxe. With $8 Guinness Tins, $8 Magners Cider Bottles, $8 Midori Mixers,$8 Agwa Bombs, and $12 Irish food specials, prizes to be won including best dressed, plus live music from 6:30pm. You’ll be green if you miss it.
- Elephant and Wheelbarrow St Kilda (169 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – The Elephant & Wheelbarrow St Kilda are serving breakfast from 10am with $8 pints of Magners & Guinness all day plus live entertainment and much more.
- Freddie Wimpoles (125 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – Everyone is embracing the famous Irish holiday at Freddies. The Irish love a beer and so do they! To get into the spirit, they will be tapping Guinness, but will be taking this one step further though and shucking fresh oysters for $1 on the day too. Something that Freddie when named “Melbourne Winerooms” back in the day was famous for. They will also be tapping a special collaboration beer on the day too, I’m “stomping” my feet and “teeling” the frustration as I cant say anything more about it…
- The Great Britain Hotel (447 Church St, Richmond) – Get on your best outfit and join The GB as they get into the spirit and celebrate the patron saint of Ireland. Enjoy $8 pints of Guinness, plus sausage, Colcannon and Guinness gravy for $12. You’ll be sure to have a whale of a time! For more information call 03 9810 0082
- The Local (22-24 Bay St, Port Melbourne) The Local are going green for Paddy’s Day! Join them as they serve up $8 pints of Guinness, $5 Irish tasters and $5 shots all day. Sláinte!
- Windsor Ale House (42 Punt Rd, Windsor) Join the Windsor for $8 Guinness pints from 5-8pm as well as $15 Irish stew ALLDAY. Live music from 6pm – The Carry Ons- classic irish covers – Richie McKay- rolling in the rebel tunes