Tuesday 10th December
- Sherry Tasting at The Prince Wine Store (181 Bank St, South Melbourne) - Fortified wines are experiencing a revival of interest as small producers release small batch high quality fortified wines and limited release solera sherries. Sherry is one of the great food wines and this masterclass will cover a range of sherry styles matched with Spanish inspired tapas. This is a free event but booking are essential. You can book online here.
Wednesday 11th December
- Back Vintage Wine Cellaring Evening at The Tasting Table (1219 High Street, Armadale) – Join a wine cellaring masterclass and taste a whole host of back vintage aged wines whilst learning all about how to cellar them correctly. We’ll also be joined by David from our official partners Liebherr who’ll be discussing the benefits of their wine cellars, cellaring at home and offering a massive 25% OFF any Liebherr wine cellar purchased on the night. Tickets for this night are $45 a head and can be booked online here.
- Socialmelb Christmas Party at The Emerald Peacock (233 Lonsdale St, Melbourne) - To celebrate another fantastic year and our ongoing commitment to the digital community in Melbourne, we’re holding our annual Christmas drinks at the Emerald Peacock in the CBD. On Wednesday 11 December, from 6pm, you can enjoy some festive frivolity with new and old #socialmelb friends. Hope to see you there! No admission fee and drinks will be at bar prices, you can grab a ticket here
Thursday 12th December
- Iced Teas: Chillin’ the leaf for Summer at Storm in a Teacup (48A Smith St, Collingwood) - As the temperature rises we begin to reach for the ice – not the kettle. How to indulge our love of tea while keeping cool over the Summer months? Join us in exploring various ways to make your own delicious iced teas – cold brew, Sun teas, cold drip… Tickets are $50 a head and can be booked online here.
Friday 13th December
- Mixology at Cafe Vue (430 Lt Collins St, Melbourne) – Each Friday, Cafe Vue host a 5 course/5 cocktail special with a different theme each month. Decembers theme is The Aussie Christmas with the menu inspired by everything from the kitsch (west coast wine cooler and shrimp on the barby anyone?) to the traditional (spiced fruit cake and punch). Dinner is $95 per head and you can book by phone on 9691 3899.
Saturday 14th December
- A Taste of Southern Italy at Patricia’s Table (239 Milawa Bobinawarrah Road, Milawa) – Join us for a four-course dinner inspired by food and places that Head Chef Douglas Elder visited on a recent trip to Southern Italy. Each course will be matched with a Brown Brothers wine, as well as with an Italian wine that Douglas will select to match the food. He will also talk about each course, why he was inspired to create it and show us lots of images from his trip, both of food and of other things and he promises lots of fun and frivolity. Tickets are $120 per head and you can book by phone on 03 5720 5540
Sunday 15th December
- Izway Wine Tasting Lunch at Ladro (162 Greville St, Prahran) – Top Australian Wines are overjoyed to present, 6 of the best Izway wines matched with the famous Ladro antipasto, pizza, pasta and dessert (seriously, I saw a picture of one of their desserts tonight, so amazing). You will be joined by the wine maker, Brian Conway who will talk you through each tasting. Tickets are $79 a head and you can book online here.