Tuesday 22nd April
- Bundarra Pork Feast at Bar Nacional (727 Collins St, Docklands) – On the 22nd/23rd and 24th April, Bar Nacional will be offering a very special pork degustation made with the finest free range pork from Bundarra pork. There will be a 5 course tasting menu for $55 per head, $85 with matched wines. Book by calling 9252 7999.
- Giaconda Release Tasting with Nathan Kinzbrunner at Prince Wine Store (171 Bank St, South Melbourne) - Giaconda, the winery and four-hectare vineyard Kinzbrunner established back in the early 1980s, might just be the greatest wine estate in Australia. That’s no small claim. But let’s look at the facts. Every wine Giaconda makes is outstanding – Huon Hooke. Come and taste some of Giaconda’s latest releases with 6 of their wines available for tasting. Tickets are $20 a head and can be booked online here.
Wednesday 23rd April
- Rioja Wine Evening (1219 High Street, Armadale) – Rioja is based about 100km from the north coast and just to the west of the French boarder it’s Spain’s most famous and recognised wine region. Their Tempranillo wines have helped put Spain on the map proving they can make great quality wines with intense flavours and the ability to age. But this is not all that modern day Rioja has to offer, there’s also some amazingly textured white wines and some great fruit driven red blends.You are invited to join a trip through Rioja Alta, Rioja Alavesa and Rioja Baja the three main areas of the region in our Riojan wine evening. There’ll be 8 wines to taste from a variety of grapes all matched to delicious cheese and charcuterie boards. Tickets are $35 a head and can be booked online here.
- Hendricks Gin Cocktail Class at The Gin Palace (10 Russell Place, Melbourne) – The Gin Palace invite you to join them in a cocktail demonstration featuring Hendricks Gin. The demonstration will be given by Sebastien Derbomez. Tickets for the evening are $25 per head and include 4 cocktails and canapes. For bookings, email email@example.com or call 9654 0533.
- Oyster Frenzy at The Botanical (169 Domain Rd, South Yarra) - The Oyster Frenzy returns in 2014 bigger and better than last year with live music to keep you entertained and an indulgent evening filled with fine food and wine! Join to see who will beat the record for the most oysters devoured in 1 minute! With unlimited oysters from the best inlets in Austraila served natural, cold & hot canapes, a glass of Pommery NV on arrival, Tyrrell’s selected wines and live music, it’s sure to be a brilliant night. Tickets are $69 a head and to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 9820 7888.
- St George’s Day at Hellenic Republic (26 Cotham Rd, Kew) - Do you have a special George in your life? Why not join us at Hellenic Republic Kew from 6pm for the Feast Day of St George. We’ll be celebrating this name day with live music and a special feast including succulent whole lamb from the spit, priced at $60 per adult and $35 per child (view menu here). To book, call 9207 7477.
- Bridge Rd Beer Tasting at Imbibe Wine Bar (359 Bay St, Port Melbourne) - Imbibe are hosting Bridge Road Brewers from Beechworth next Wednesday the 23rd for a free beer and cider tasting starting at 6pm. Please email email@example.com to secure a spot for the first 25 people to book.
Thursday 24th April
- Degustation Dinner at The Alehouse Project (98-100 Lygon St, Brunswick East) – Join head brewer and winemaker,James Booth for a 5 course degustation served with beers from Black Dog Brewery Beers and wines from Taminick Cellars Wines. Dinner is $100 a head and tickets can be purchased by calling 9387 1218.
- ANZAC Eve Wine Dinner at Hare and Grace (525 Collins St, Melbourne) - Featuring Greg Malouf, Raymond Capaldi, Matteo, Miss Pearls & Richard Thomas with a Madame Brussels themed cocktails & Champagne from 7.00pm followed by a set banquet style dinner, fun and frivolities. Dinner is $165 per person all inclusive with bookings to be made by calling 9629 6755.
- Whisky Appreciation Society at Eau de Vie (1 Malthouse Ln, Melbourne) - All the world’s a stage and Mr David Baker of Bakery Hill distillery will be centre for your monthly appreciation society. Come support your local whiskey industry and learn the secret to a cracking Australian dram. Come and enjoy the evening with Eau de Vie, starting at 7.30, tickets are $75. To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0412 825 441.
- ANZAC Mixology at Cafe Vue ( 430 Little Collins Street, Melbourne) - Café Vue hosts a very special ANZAC day themed evening to celebrate and commemorate the spirit of the ANZACS. Join them for their interpretation on a significant era in our history. 5 courses with 5 cocktails for $95 a head. For bookings, call 9691 3899.
Friday 25th April
- ANZAC Day Brunch (1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf) - Secure your seat at the ANZAC Day match at the MCG. The Brunch hosted by Tony Jones, includes Collingwood and Essendon players and returned Soldiers. This special event includes a two course meal and beverages (alcohol served after 12pm), a reserved seat at the Collingwood vs Essendon match at the MCG, and transfers to the MCG from the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre. Tickets are $305 per head and can be purchased online here.
- Garden Tour, Morning Tea and Lunch With Annie Smithers (Annie Smither’s Garden, Malmsbury) - Annie Smithers’ prolific garden is loosely based on the principles of one man, one acre, supplying her restaurant, du Fermier in Trentham, with up to 90% of its fruit and vegetables. Start with morning tea with Annie as she takes you on a garden journey then enjoy a delicious lunch at her beautiful farmhouse prepared with what’s growing best right now. Tickets for the day are $65 a heas and can be booked by phone on 0421 458 891.
- Worship the Aga at Small Holdings (90 Mollison St, Malmsbury) - Small Holdings is a quirky renovated church in Malmsbury, and whilst the space is small, the love of food and local produce is big. Taking central stage is the huge Aga stove with which Chef Dan gently and lovingly prepares slowly braised meats and locally grown vegetables. Dinner is $49 per head for 3 courses and can be booked by phone on 03 5423 2391.
Saturday 26th April
- Eat Your Ethics at Jonai Farm (129 Morgantis Road, Eganstown) - Spend an idyllic day on a rare-breed pig farm. Watch how to break down half a pig and learn where your favourite cuts come from. They’ll teach you how to cook them, including how to cook muscle meat compared to tender cuts like loin – no more dry over-cooked pork! Finish with a BBQ of ethical pork with seasonal salad and sourdough bread fresh from the oven. The class is $75 per head including lunch. For bookings, email email@example.com or call 0422 429 362.
- Tuki Homestead Dinner (60 Stoney Rises Road, Smeaton) - Meet the farmer, the chooks, trout, Tukidale sheep and cattle. Catch your dinner whilst enjoying delicious nibbles and magnificent views. Dine in Tuki’s historic barn on farm raised produce trout, pasture – fed lamb and beef, seasonal vegetables, baked bread and local mineral water. Wine can be purchased from the bar. Dinner is $45 per head with children at 1/2 price. For bookings, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 5345 6233.
- Pork and Perry Tasting at Frangos and Frangos (82 Vincent Street, Daylesford) - Chef Euan Apedaile has created 5 incredible free-range pork dishes from Jonai Farms, a local rare breed Large Black pig farm. Each dish is paired with a Henry of Harcourt Perry Cider and cider varieties from Daylesford Cider Company. Learn more from the producers, listen to the importance of preserving their craft and why Perry is in the Slow Food Ark of Taste. Tickets are $65 per head and can be booked online here.
- Grape to Glass Experience at Paramoor Winery (439 Three Chain Road, Carlsruhe) – Join winemaker Will Fraser on an intimate tour of Paramoor Winery. Explore the production areas for a firsthand insight into winemaking from grape to glass. Taste the wines direct from the barrel before embarking on a guided tasting of our current release wines. Enjoy a glass of Paramoor wine with a cheese platter. Tour runs from 2.00pm-3.30pm and cost $40 per person. Bookings can be made by calling 0408 032 038.
- Farmers Harvest Dinner at Glenlyon Hall (Daylesford-Malmsbury Rd, Glenlyon) – Join Chef Michael de Jong and Chef/grower Florian Hofinger from Mt Franklin Organics for a five course local produce dinner. Paired with wines by Ellender Estate and Sandy Farm Winery and set in the historic Glenlyon Hall. A little starter with Ellender sparkling will kick off this fun filled evening. Dinner is $95 per person and can be booked online here.
Sunday 27th April
- Street Feud on The Deck (2 Acland St, St Kilda) - It’s time to settle the sticky finger feud: scoff and score sidewalk serves from Acland St Cantina, Hanoi Hannah, Saigon Sally, Charlie Dumpling, Newmarket Hotel and Fonda. Street Feud invites the public to scoff and score Melbourne’s favourite side-walk serves. Tickets are $39 per head and can be bought online here.
- KLM Dutch Orange Day (1A Queens Bridge Street, Southbank) - The KLM Dutch Orange Day festival is a lively celebration of Dutch culture. Sample Dutch delicacies such as croquettes, poffertjes and Dutch pea soup, or pick up some Dutch groceries. There’ll be activities, Dutch cultural displays and a charity auction for a KLM return ticket to Amsterdam. Come along, dress in orange and join the festivities.
- Guest Chef Dinner at The Commoner (122 Johnston Street, Fitzroy) - The Commoner kitchen team will be hosting guest chefs Matt Stone and Florent Gerardin from Silo at Joost. Together, they will be putting together 5 courses + amuse for just $75 a head. You can get matched wines for just a bit extra. For bookings, email email@example.com or call 9415 6876.
- A French Farmhouse Cheese Making Day at Mt Bolton (173 Addington Road, Mt. Bolton) – Join Goldfields Farmhouse cheese maker Nardia Baxter-Keene for a true hands-on learning experience. Learn how to make a camembert with cow’s milk; a French farmhouse style goat cheese; and yoghurt. Includes all materials and equipment, morning tea and two-course lunch, farm tour and milking demonstration. Classes are $220 per person and can be booked by phone on 0417 117 800.
- Autumn in Tuscany at Union Dining (270-272 Swan St, Richmond) – Union Dining are holding a Provincial lunch with a Tuscan theme. Nicky will draw on her travel experiences to write a menu based around all that is Tuscany in Autumn. They will also be showcasing a range of outstanding wines from Tuscany to accompany the dishes. Lunch is shared menu at $65 per head. To book, call 9428 2988.