World Gin Day is once again upon us this Saturday 10th June! Bars and distillers have been getting their heads together to educate, intoxicate and most of all, celebrate gin, and while you’re in the midst of a long weekend, why not give in? To help you about your day, I’ve found you some stunning events to cover you from Brunch to Nightcaps…Enjoy!
- Boilermaker House (209-211 Lonsdale St, Melbourne) – Boilermaker have got Stomping Ground Snakes Out Chocolate Stout on tap and house-made Guinness pies to match their special St Paddy’s Whisky Flight ($42). Four Irish Whiskeys to get you started on a big night.
- Elephant and Wheelbarrow Bourke St (94-98 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Come down to your favourite british pub in the CBD for breakfast on this most Irish of days for only $20, a pint of the nectar of the gods included. Or if you cannot make breakfast, come down later in the day, and enjoy classic Irish grub, wash it down with a Guiness or two and enjoy give aways throughout the day. To book your spot, call 9639 8444.
- Fed Square Good Beer Week Showcase (Fed Square, Melbourne)- Over two huge public sessions on Thursday and Friday evening, 36 breweries from Victoria and beyond will showcase their beers. As the official launch of the Good Beer Week 2017 program, it will also serve as a sneak peek to the ten-day beer festival in May, with food vendors from Good Beer Week serving up some of the best dishes they have to offer. nce again, there will be free masterclasses, meet the brewer sessions, and attendees will have the chance to vote for the Bintani People’s Choice beer and brewery of the Showcase, to be announced at the final Friday evening session. Tickets are just $50 a head.
- Irish Times Bar (427 Little Collins St, Melbourne) – Looking to head to a real Irish pub this St Patrick’s day? Then look no further- The Irish Times with it’s genuine Irish pub style wrap-around bars, traditional dark wood interiors, cosy fireplaces, beautiful stained glass windows and rugby memorabilia’s is the perfect place to be this 17th of March! Kick start your day with a Scrumptious Full Irish Brekky for only $20. Enjoy the best Guinness in town along with green giveaways, all-day Irish menu, Bagpipers and Live Irish Music all day!
- The Last Jar (616 Elizabeth St, Melbourne) – Come and celebrate St Patrick’s Day the traditional way at The Last Jar, starting with a big Irish breakfast from 8am, live Irish music all day, and of course, Guinness, Kilkenny, Magners & craft beers flowing on tap! There’ll also be live Irish music all day with two separate stages for live music.
- Loch and Key (L1/34 Franklin St, Melbourne) – Loch & Key and Teeling Whiskey are throwing the BIGGEST party of the year to date. Come rekindle your inner Irish and celebrate St Patricks Day in style away from those jam packed Irish bars. Kicking off at 5pm, join Loch & Key where they are certainly not short of all things Irish, not to mention the staff. With a fine selection of Irish Whiskey on the wall, come enjoy some Teeling Whiskey Cocktails on the balcony and Listen to some Celtic Punk from The Ramshackle Army kicking off the event from 5:30pm – 6:30pm, with more traditional Irish tunes playing out throughout the evening. Chow down on an Irish inspired menu by in house Chef Mark (Santos) O’Loughlin from 5pm – 10pm. Drinks Specials will be running the entire Day, Night…and morning …Slàinte Mhath
- Meat Market (54 South Wharf Promenade. South Wharf) – Join Meat Market & Jameson’s Whiskey ambassador, Max Hart for an evening of exceptional food & whiskey. Enjoy a cocktail on arrival followed by a 4 course meal matched with 4 outstanding whiskey’s including 2 of Jamesons newest additions from the “whiskey makers series”. Tickets are $79 a head and you can buy them here.
- P.J. O’Brien’s (Southgate, Southbank) – P.J’s will be hosting a Big Irish Breakfast from 8am ’til 11am which includes a Pint of Guinness or Glass of Sparkling $25 per person or $12 for the wee ones. They will be open from 8am until late with Live Irish Music, Irish Dancers and Pipers and plenty of Guinness flowing throughout the day and night!
- The Turf Sports Bar & Grill (131 Queens St, Melbourne) Come celebrate St Patricks Day at Turf Bar this year with food specials with an Irish twist all day. Irish Drink specials from 5pm. Irish music from 5pm till late.
- Young and Jacksons (1 Swanston St, Melbourne) – St Patricks day party falls on a friday, which is very dangerous for those of us who like to raise a glass (or ten…) to the emerald isle. This year Y&Js will have no less than 12 hours (with breaks; for beer of course) of live music! Jig your little heart out to some traditional Irish music, before setting in with Stuie Music and then rockin’ out to Mamma Jam through to the early hours. There will be extra Guinness on tap, and more than enough Jameson Irish Whiskey to match demand, and they have a heap of merch to give away! They even have a special Paddy’s day menu, and yes, there is colcannon, Irish lamb stew, and even a chocolate & guinness cake (yuuuummmmm)!
- Bridie O’Reilly’s Brunswick (29 Sydney Rd, Brunswick) – Doors will open at 9.00am for a full on Irish breakfast. You receive a free Guinness with every breakfast ordered between 9-12pm. With pipers and fiddlers from noon till 3pm and live music from 7pm-3am, plus a bunch of prizes and give aways.
- Dan O’Connell (225 Canning St, Carlton) – The doors swing open at 7am for brekkie, and it’s food, drink and entertainment from then on. Later in the evening, the U2 Show Achtung Baby are ready to rock out on the main stage, along with The Ramshackle Army, Tim Scanlan, The Lawnton Bowls Club & Fishermen’s Friend. They’ve got Irish dancers from The Christine Ayres school of Irish Dancing, the kitchen will be serving up some traditional Irish cuisine, and of course the finest Guinness money can buy. Free before 3pm, 9 bucks after. Get your tickets here.
- The Drunken Poet (65 Peel Street, West Melbourne) – The Drunken Poet is open from 12pm and will be serving their famous toasted sandwiches and live music from 5pm. Entry is free but get in early, its a small, intimate venue. They will be serving Guinness, Kilkenny, Magners Irish cider, a great selection of Irish whiskeys & Taytos on the day as well.
- The Lomond Hotel (225 Nicholson St, East Brunswick) – Come on down to the Lomond Hotel this St Patties day and celebrate the special occasion as they will be offering great Guinness give aways all day with the purchase of their lovely Guinness off tap. There will be live music from The Gin Club Two from 8.30 onwards which promises to be a great show. Last and not least there will be three Irish style dishes served from our kitchen.
- The Quiet Man (271 Racecourse Rd, Flemington) – It’s happening again! Melbourne’s favourite St Patrick’s Day Street Party will be kicking off again for 2017. Indoors, there will be live entertainment as well as food from 9am. Outdoors, the street party kicks off at midday with live bands, food vans, entertaiment and drink stalls.
- Parkview Hotel (131/137 Scotchmer St, Fitzroy North) – Come join in the fun at The Parkview Hotel, as they celebrate St Pat’s Day. Irish eyes were certainly looking down, when the day just happens to finally have fallen on a Friday.That means after work drinks, Friday member’s draw and much much more. Get together your mates, and come join in for a craic. Kilkenny, Guinness, Irish Car Bombs, or why not a Black Velvet? They’ve plenty to keep you occupied and if you’re so inclined, They’ll even turn your beer green!
- The Sung (68 Sydney Rd, Brunswick) – Yes that is right….. Its our favourite time of year again! The Guinness will be flowing, and the craic will be mighty! We are open from 10am serving Breakie Rolls and Pints of Guinness! Live music kicks off in the early afternoon right through to the wee hours of the night!
- Beer Deluxe (329 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn) – It doesn’t matter if you’re Irish by decent or at heart. Come and celebrate Ireland’s national day with Beer Deluxe. With $8 Guinness Tins, $8 Magners Cider Bottles, $8 Midori Mixers,$8 Agwa Bombs, and $12 Irish food specials, prizes to be won including best dressed, plus live music from 6:30pm. You’ll be green if you miss it.
- Elephant and Wheelbarrow St Kilda (169 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – The Elephant & Wheelbarrow St Kilda are serving breakfast from 10am with $8 pints of Magners & Guinness all day plus live entertainment and much more.
- Freddie Wimpoles (125 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – Everyone is embracing the famous Irish holiday at Freddies. The Irish love a beer and so do they! To get into the spirit, they will be tapping Guinness, but will be taking this one step further though and shucking fresh oysters for $1 on the day too. Something that Freddie when named “Melbourne Winerooms” back in the day was famous for. They will also be tapping a special collaboration beer on the day too, I’m “stomping” my feet and “teeling” the frustration as I cant say anything more about it…
- The Great Britain Hotel (447 Church St, Richmond) – Get on your best outfit and join The GB as they get into the spirit and celebrate the patron saint of Ireland. Enjoy $8 pints of Guinness, plus sausage, Colcannon and Guinness gravy for $12. You’ll be sure to have a whale of a time! For more information call 03 9810 0082
- The Local (22-24 Bay St, Port Melbourne) The Local are going green for Paddy’s Day! Join them as they serve up $8 pints of Guinness, $5 Irish tasters and $5 shots all day. Sláinte!
- Windsor Ale House (42 Punt Rd, Windsor) Join the Windsor for $8 Guinness pints from 5-8pm as well as $15 Irish stew ALLDAY. Live music from 6pm – The Carry Ons- classic irish covers – Richie McKay- rolling in the rebel tunes
Looking for a special somewhere to take your honey this Valentines day? Well look no further! No matter if you’re into a cocktail flight, a bit of fine dining or a casual feast, Melbourne has something for you and your favourite person. Single? Not that into it? Completely disenchanted? We have things for you as well…Happy Tuesday Lovers!
- 1806 (169 Exhibition St, Melbourne) – The date night of all date nights, the pressure always mounts on Valentine’s Day. We all know the way to a heart is through the stomach, and nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a candlelit dinner for two at one of Melbourne’s most romantic Cocktail bars in 18o6. Be spoilt with flowers & Sparkling wine and sit back and enjoy our five course dinner with cocktails. Prices are $150 per person including complimentary sparkling wine. Book online here.
- Bistro Vue (430 Lt Collins St, Melbourne) – Join Bistro Vue for dinner, a 6 course degustation for just $190 per person with an optional wine match at $100 per person. Book by calling 9691 3838.
- Bomba (103 Lonsdale St, Melbourne) – Bomba are offering a set menu for Valentine’s Day this year with 4 courses dinner and is $65 a head and you can book by calling 9077 0451.
- Burma Lane (118 Little Collins Street, Melbourne) – Order the $79 or $89 banquets to enjoy with your loved one or group of friends and receive a complimentary glass of bubbles. To book, call 9615 8500.
- Eau De Vie (1 Malthouse Lane, Melbourne) – Valentine’s Day is a day to treat yourself and the ones you love. Eau-de-Vie’s intimate atmosphere creates the perfect ambience and setting for this special day. Valentine’s Day at Eau-de-Vie will be a sophisticated and elegant affair, celebrating love, friendship and family. Our exclusive Valentine’s Day dinner includes a beautiful 3-course meal, Champagne on arrival and a shared cocktail for just $90 per person. For all reservations and enquiries please contact Sarah on 0412 825 441 or email@example.com
- Gazi (2 Exhibition St, Melbourne) – Treat your Valentine to a night to remember at GAZI with the tastiest Greek street food, friendly service and an awesome atmosphere – all under our famous terracotta pots! Gazis special Valentine sharing menu offers 10 delicious dishes, all for $99 per person (excluding drinks). Choose from two dinner sittings – an early two-hour session from 5pm or a later sitting from 8:15pm. Call (03) 92077444 or email reservations@gazirestauran
- The Grand Hyatt (123 Collins St, Melbourne) – Make a Grand gesture this Valentine’s Day when you book a romantic dinner for two at Collins Kitchen. Enjoy a magical evening while you indulge in a decadent four course dinner complimented by Vranken-Pommery Diamant Brut for $179 a head. The perfect way to say ‘I love you’ For reservations call 9653 4831.
- The Hotel Lindrum (28 Flinders St, Melbourne) -Looking for a special way to spoil your other half this Valentine’s Day? Hotel Lindrum offers a 5-course Valentine’s Day Dinner in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. The Valentine’s Day Dinner menu includes seasonal fare served in the intimate environment of felt restaurant. Dinner is $130 a head. All guests receive glass of champagne on arrival and a rose to take home Book by calling 9668 1111.
- The Lui Bar (lvl 55, 500 Collins St, Melbourne) – Bring your date to one of the finest bars in the sky and enjoy a two courses and a canape for $85 per person, For reservations call 9691 3888.
- Nieuw Amsterdam (106 – 112 Hardware St, Melbourne) – Treat your special someone to a 3 course lovers feast! Nieuw Amsterdam is hosting an exclusive Valentine days banquet for $75 pp for 3 courses or $110 with paired wines. Expect to see decedent dishes such as the pork & quail terrine, and grilled lamb rump. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
m.auor Call: 9602 2111
- Pastuso (19 ACDC Lane, Melbourne) – Looking for a lovely place to spend Valentine’s Day? We’ve got you sorted! Enjoy a romantic Peruvian set menu, which includes a glass of Cava on arrival and a decadent dessert @ $100 per person. Book online here.
- The Press Club (72 Flinders St, Melbourne) – Celebrate the Valentine’s Day in style at The Press Club! Relax in designer ambience, and enjoy our famous Greek hospitality while feasting on a delicious menu created just for this special day. $225, 6 course degustation menu. Early sitting: arrive 6 – 6:30pm (two hours), Late sitting: arrive 8:30 or later. Bookings: (03) 9677 9677 or reservations@thepressclub.
- Red Spice Road ( 27 McKillop St, Melbourne) – FOn this day of romance, the team will be getting you in the mood for love with our specially crafted Valentine’s Day menu. Suitable for the lovebirds, or a group effort with friends and family – Valentine’s Day at Red Spice Road is going to be a marvelous affair! Menu for $89pp and will include a glass of bubbles or tap beer on arrival. Call (03) 9603 1601 for bookings.
- Rendezvous Hotel (328 Flinders St, Melbourne) – Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne Straits Cafe is offering a Valentines Day Three Course dinner with bottomless sparkling wine for $89 per person. Book your ticket and see the menu here.
- Syracuse (23 Bank Pl, Melbourne) – Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Syracuse with an amazing seven course degustation curated by acclaimed Chef Philippa Sibley. On hand for your special evening, our Sommelier, Florian Valieres and his team will guide you to the perfect pair from our extensive beverage list. Dinner is $95pp or $150 with paired beverages. Call (03) 9670 1777 to secure a reservation.
- Vamos (37 Little Bourke St, Melbourne) -Come on down to Vamos for a very special Valentine’s Day Event! Vamos have a Flamenco show for you accompanied by a 6 course tapas meal and a delicious chocolate dessert platter! Tickets include one glass of Spanish sparkling upon arrival! Places are limited so book yours now below. Just $140 per couple. Book online here.
- Bohemian (35 Dukes Walk, South Wharf) – If sangria and Spanish cuisine sound like your ideal date, head down to Bohemian this Valentine’s Day to enjoy a flavoursome three-course meal just like they do in Spain. Available lunch & dinner, devour a tapas platter to share, before choosing out of roasted duck, calamari scallops or lamb neck for main and a cheese selection or trio of desserts to finish. Treat your special someone with a night together sharing Spanish flavours and sparkling city views. $110 per head. Call 9682 0566 to book.
- Fatto (100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne) – Head Chef James Kummrow has designed a special menu for you to share this Valentine’s Day. Dine in the beautiful Cantina or sit on the under cover terrace, both with unrivaled City skyline views. Enjoy a 3 course menu includes an Aperol Spritz and features some of the Fatto favourites including Spanner Crab Spaghettini and Chocolate Mousse with Vincotto Strawberries. Call 8698 8800 to book.
- Left Bank (1 Southbank Blvd, Southbank) – Book a table on the terrace for two and enjoy the sunset on Melbourne’s premier strip Southbank. $95 includes a romantic 3 Course Menu & a glass of Champagne. Book email@example.com or by phone on 9682 4500.
- Plus 5 (37 South Wharf Prom, South Wharf) – Treat your partner to a night of champagne, oysters and cheese at one of Melbourne’s most iconic waterfront locations. With a choice of two diverse and delicious grazing packages – Oysters or Cheese – guests won’t be disappointed, as they sip on a glass of G.H Mumm champagne. For an ambient and intimate space to celebrate V-Day a little differently this year, head to Plus 5. A bottle of G.H Mumm Champagne & Oysters $99 or a bottle of G.H.Mumm Champagne & cheese board $99.
- Sake (100 St Kilda Rd, Southbank) – Spoil that special someone with lunch or dinner at Saké this Valentines Day. Indulge in a beautiful set menu and glass of Champagne for $110pp. Book online here.
- The Astor (418 Lygon St, Carlton) – Celebrate with your loved one, while sipping on French Champagne and dining on The Astors excellent modern Australian menu. They are offering four delicious courses and a glass of French Champagne on arrival for $85 a head. Book by calling 9347 7419.
- Clever Polly’s (313 Victoria St, West Melbourne) – Want to impress that special someone on Valentine’s Day? Clever Polly are open for dinner from 6pm with our five course menu plus the option to match wines- or choose from the wide selection on our shelves. Call 9077 9294 to book.
- Hellenic Republic (434 Lygon St, Brunswick East) – Spoil your Valentine with a night to remember at Hellenic Republic! Choose from the al carte menu or treat yourself to one of our delicious banquet options featuring a shared menu of mezethes, mains and desserts. Early sitting: 5:30pm onwards, Late sitting: 8pm onwards. Ph (03) 9381 1222 or email: brunswick@hellenicrepublic
- Kumo (152 Lygon St, Brunswick East) – Enjoy a special 7 course dinner at Kumo for Valentine’s Day. Romance your partner amidst the stunning Japanese art-deco inspired dinning room whilst feasting on the sumptuous cuisine for $80 a head. Book by calling 9388 1505.
- Matteo’s (533 Brunswick St, Nth Fitzroy) – Matteo’s has 3 options to help make your Valentine’s day a little bit special. The first option is a tasting menu with wine which is a set menu of 10 small tasting plates served over 4 courses with matched wines for $250 per head or there is the second option of a 4 course mini al a carte dinner for $130 per head. The last option is a plate of 3 desserts to share per couple, a glass of 2007 Le Tertre du Lys d’Or Sauternes each and Happy Lab Lovers Candy to take away & share available after 9.30pm for $35 a head. Click here to see the full menu online and for bookings, call 9481 1177.
- Merricote (81 High St, Northcote) – Its almost Valentines Day once again and Merricote will be open for dinner with a five course menu created by Head Chef Matt Binney to enjoy with your loved one. Five courses $120pp, drinks match available or choose from the wine list. Head to our website to book or call 9939 476
- Panama Dining Room (3/231 Smith St, Fitzroy) -Surprise your partner with a romantically charged evening at the Panama Dining Room this coming Valentines Day. With bubbles on arrival followed by an exquisite 3-course meal. Price is $79 per person. Book online here.
- Pope Joan (77-79 Nicholson St, Brunswick East) – Grab your Adam or Eve and join us for a lovers feast under the stars this Valentine’s Day as Mr Wilkinson stokes the love pit for a special, romantic summer cookout in our very own Garden of Eden. You can choose your own sensual delights or let Mr Wilkinson wine and dine you till you’re practically throwing your clothes off. There will be plenty of shared dishes of the best seasonal produce; you can caress your lover’s hand as you reach for the next bite To book call Pope Joan on (03) 9388 8858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rumi (116 Lygon st, Brunswick East) – Enjoy an amazing 5 course set dinner with your loved one at Rumi. Dinner is just $69 a head with an optional drinks match . To book, call 9388 8255.
- Saint Crispin (300 Smith Street, Collingwood) – Valentine’s Day is only a few weeks away. Chef Chris Haydon has designed a special five course Valentine’s Day menu that includes a glass of Champagne on arrival.The cost is $150 per person, to book, call on 03 9419 2202 or email email@example.com
- The Botanical (169 Domain Rd, South Yarra) – Spoil your loved one this Valentine’s Day with an indulgent Four Course Set Menu at The Botanical. Reservations are now being taken for two sittings in their stunning Restaurant Dining Room:
7pm or 7.30pm. 4 Course Set Menu for$85 per person, inclusive of a glass of NV Pommery on arrival. Book your place here.
- Caffe e Cucina (581 Chapel St, South Yarra) – a few days to Valentine’s Day and you haven’t made plans yet? What about some Italian romance to spoil your precious one? The Chef has created a special 3 Course Menu to delight your taste-buds for $115 per person. Call 9827 4139 to book.
- Circa, The Prince ( 2 Acland St, St Kilda) – Spoil the one your care about this Valentine’s Day with an intimate dinner for two. Held in Circa’s iconic dining room, indulge in five tantalising courses designed to entice your Valentine. Dinner is $110 a head and you can book by calling 9536 1122.
- Entrecote (131-133 Domain Rd, South Yarra) – Come celebrate your love in true Parisian style. Four course set menu $99.90 a head or Spoil ton chérie with our exclusive balcony tables overlooking the Botanical Gradens and a glass of Perrier-Jouët Belle Époche for $149.90 per head. Call 9804 5468 to book.
- The Graham (97 Graham St, Port Melbourne) – Join The Graham for Valentine’s Day Dinner. The Graham is the perfect setting We have your Valentine’s Day covered. Great food, friendly service, wonderful atmosphere…. let’s not forget excellent wine selection! Dinner is $120 a head for 4 courses. Call 9676 2566 to book.
- Jardin Tan (Royal Botanic Gardens, Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra) – Share the calendar’s most romantic day in the serene surrounds of Jardin Tan. Ease into the evening with a cocktail as you await the magical Jardin Tan menu offering. Express yourself in an idyllic setting dotted by true French-Vietnamese flavours and visual aesthetics and make this a night to remember. Dinner is $95 a head and can be booked by calling 9021 2111.
- Morris Jones (163 Chapel St, Windsor) – Spoil your special someone at Morris Jones this Valentines Day. Treat them to 4 course with a glass of sparkling for $110 per person. Call 9533 2055 to book.
- Tu Restaurant and Bar (41 Toorak Rd, South Yarra) – La Saint Valentin au Tu – come and celebrate St Valentines at Tu. Special set menu with a glass of Pommery for $80 a head. Lovely intimate dinner for couples, great friends, confirmed singles, the recently dumped, people from countries banned by the US (non alcoholic drinks available 😊) and anyone else that likes amazing French cuisine.
Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité. Call 9867 3725 to book.
- Woodland House (78 Williams Road, Prahran) – Woodland House are getting romantic with dinner this Valentine’s Day.8 courses of delicious, romance-inducing fine dining – sure to impress the loved one in your world. Dinner is $180 a head. Book by calling 9525 2178.
- Barnone (72 Auburn Parade, Hawthorn East) – Join Barnone for a romantic evening in Camberwell’s favourite date venue.
Special offer for the night is a food board for two with two cocktails for $64. Book via eventbrite or call us (03) 9882 1086 to reserve your table.
- The Grand Hotel (333 Burnley St, Richmond) – The Grand has prepared a romantic dinner for two in the Italian style. with 3 courses for $75 per person and 4 courses for $90 per person (menu here). Book by phone on 9429 2530.
- Hellenic Republic (26 Cotham Road, Kew) – poil your Valentine with a night to remember at Hellenic Republic! Choose from the alcarte menu or treat yourself to one of our delicious banquet options featuring a shared menu of mezethes, mains and desserts. Early sitting: 5:30pm onwards, Late sitting: 8pm onwards. Call 9207 7477 for bookings.
- Kritamos Hellenic Cuisine (280 Bridge Rd, Richmond) – the day of love is fast approaching. Book now for a special meal with your special someone. Valentine’s Day banquet- $60pp. Live Greek mellow tones. Complimentary surprise gift upon arrival. Call 9428 2222 to make your reservation.
- Noir (175 Swan St, Richmond) – Fancy a bit of French for Valentines Day this year?Bring your loved one to Noir for a 3 course dinner for $90 a head. Call 9428 3585 to book.
- Salona (260A Swan St, Richmond) – For all you “Food Lovers” out there Salona has the perfect Valentine’s Day planned for you. An 8 course Chef Degustation $69 per head. Call 9429-1460 to book.
- The Boat House (7 The Boulevard, Moonee Ponds) – Spoil your special someone at The Boat House. Dine on 3 course with a glass of sparkling for just $65 a head. Book by calling 9375 2456
- Hellenic Hotel (28 Ferguson St, Williamstown) – Spoil your Valentine with a night to remember at Hellenic Republic! Choose from the al carte menu or treat yourself to one of our delicious banquet options featuring a shared menu of mezethes, mains and desserts. Early sitting: 5:30pm onwards, Late sitting: 8pm onwards. Ph: (03) 9393 1000 or email: williamstown@hellenicrepub
- Junction Beer Hall and Wine Bar (15 Hall St, Newport) – Valentines is only a couple of weeks away and it will be love at first bite in The Wine Room. With the perfect intimate setting for your effortless Valentines. Chef has designed a LOVE-LY 6 Dish Dining Adventure for just $55 or you can treat your special one to our “Perfect Match” Experience which is a 6 Dish Adventure matched with beer or wine for only $89. Call now so you don’t miss out – 9391-8188
- Bangpop (35 South Wharf Promenade, South Wharf) – Swap roses for tequila at BangPop’s Anti-Valentine’s Day Dinner. Gather a group of friends and head down to BangPop from 6pm to enjoy succulent Thai dishes all made with ingredients sourced locally and straight from Thailand. Say ‘no’ to commercialised holidays and ‘yes’ to split bills with friends!
- Freddie Wimpoles (125 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – Romance not your thing? Freddie Wimpoles hear you and are F*ck Valentine’s Day beach party for the disenchanted. Grab your togs, boardies, tight red one-piece, thongs & cheesy hawaiian shirts and come down to Freddie’s. They have prizes for best Beach Party gear! They got sexy summer cocktails! Plus They’ll be bangin’ out cheesy RnB classics all night.
- Lulu Cafe and Gallery (506 Queensbury St, North Melbourne) – Single? Don’t wanna be? Join Lulu for some slow dating! Learn about yourself and have fun with others. At Lulu cafe & gallery tonight 6-8pm $20 entry, rego via firstname.lastname@example.org with details of name, age, gender, preference
- Madame Brussels Cocktail Bar (3/59-63 Bourke St, Melbourne) – The Madame has declared that Tuesday the 14th February shall be singles night at Madame Brussels so gather all your single ladies (and guys) get a jug or two of punch and start flirting (innuendo welcome)!
- The Moat (176 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne) – The Moat welcome all and everyone, regardless of relationship status. If you are alone or with friends or even if you are a couple that couldn’t bare having to sit with 20 other couples in a disconcertingly quiet room, this night at The Moat is for you! Tiki bar, Live music, Share fare and Strictly unromantic! Book by calling 9094 7820.
It’s Superbowl season again and even though I have zero understanding of the game, I do rather like standing around in a room full of enthusiasts while drinking beers and eating wings at 10am on Monday morning while all other sensible people are at work or in bed. To that end, here are a few places in Melbourne who are opening early, putting on the burgers and laying down some kegs or cans for your sporting enjoyment.
- The Duke (146 Flinders St, Melbourne) – Join The Duke for Super Bowl 2017! Kick off at 10am, game shown live and loud. Enjoy a $20 pot and parms between 12pm and 3pm. For bookings or more information on the event call 9810 0066.
- Elephant and Wheelbarrow (94-96 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Join The Elephant and Wheelbarrow for all the action of the Superbowl as well as $6 pints of Coors as well as food specials. Doors open at 10.30am.
- Melbourne Public (11 Dukes Walk, South Wharf) – Pull on your jerseys – it’s that time of year again. The annual Super Bowl party returns to Melbourne Public – with multiple screens dedicated to bringing to you all of the live action from Texas. Open from 8am, book a day off work and hang out with your buddies – playing American-themed games & selecting from an American inspired menu. VIP booths available, a free breakfast burger for those who book a reserved seat, Budweiser beer bucket specials & more. Tickets start from $15 a head with packages for groups. Get your tickets here.
- Ms Katie’s Crab Shack and Ding Dong Lounge (1/18 Market Lane, Melbourne) – Watch the 2017 Super Bowl at Miss Katie’s Crab Shack and Ding Dong Lounge. Doors open at 9am with all the action live. Grab some of Miss Katie’s famous Fried Chicken and Waffles, Mac & Cheese croquettes, BUFFALO WINGS and shack dogs or you can build your own Bloody Mary $16, choose your own adventure and create the most over the top bloody Mary from a wide selection of garnishes, pickle juices, hot sauces, seasonings and spices. For bookings and enquires email: email@example.com
- Royal Melbourne Hotel (629 Bourke St, Melbourne) – Come in and watch the match and enjoy the specials on offer Including $7 Buds, $9.90 Buffalo Wings and $11.90 Chilli Fries. Open from 10 am.
- P.J. O’Briens (Southgate Restaurant & Shopping Precinct, Southbank) – Join P.J.O’Brien’s Southbank for one of the biggest sporting events in the world! On Monday 9 February, doors open at 9am with an All American Menu & Beers including $7 Bottle Coors and $25 Bucket of 4 Coors. Watch the game Live with sound on all screens. Book by calling 9686 5011.
- The Turf bar (131 Queens St, Melbourne) – Watch the Super Bowl in Melbourne at the venue that started it all – Turf Sports Bar. Some seating still available but be quick for one of the biggest days of the year! Otherwise it’s standing room. Doors open 9am, with an All American Menu and buckets of Budweiser (4) for $25, plus prizes and giveaways. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9670 1271.
- Wharf Hotel (18-38 Siddely St, Melbourne) – Super Bowl 51 broadcast over 8 large plasmas! $14 Super Bowl eats: Southern Fried Chicken | Hot Dogs + more, $9 Budweiser | $25 Budweiser Buckets and $20 Breakfast Nachos + Bottle of Budweiser. Doors open 9am | Broadcast from 10am live Huston. Entry is free and you can book by calling 03 8680 6000.
- Young and Jacksons (1 Swanston St, Melbourne) – Watch the absolute best from the NFC and AFC battle it out for this seasons finale, and taking home the majestic Lombardi trophy. Doors open at early for all the coverage and build up footage. Book the day off work, grab ya mate, pull on your jersey, and head down to Young and Jackson. They will have all the usual ‘merican beers, a specially designed menu (did somebody say “wings”?!), and smokey Jack Daniels bloody mary’s to offer y’all. Coverage on our huge HD screen will transport you to all the action over in Houston, Texas. War paint, banter, and friendly rivalry is all encouraged!
- The College Lawn (36 Greville Street, Prahran) – From 10am to 2pm the College Lawn is offering you an all inclusive package for the Super Bowl. Food, Drink plus big screens to watch the game, all for $85 a head. You can book your spot here.
- The Fifth Provence (3/60 Fitzroy St, St Kilda) – The Annual Super Bowl Party is on and it is better than ever! With 4 big screens and an additional 100″ Projector Screen showing the action with full commentary. They’ll also be doing $28 Budweiser Buckets (4), All American food specials, Budweiser give-aways & Live Tunes straight after the game! $10 Entry Fee. Call (03) 9534 4005 to book.
- Half Moon (120 Church St, Brighton) – Half Moon have got all the pre-game, during-game and post-game goodness going on from 9am, including Coors Beer buckets and Bourbon Bloody Marys to get the party going! They’ve also sorted out a delicious American-style brunch menu to keep you satisfied all day long.
- Inkerman Hotel (375 Inkerman St, Balaclava) – Catch every agonising touch down, field goal, conversion & foul of the 51st Super Bowl. $5 Budweiser stubbies available throughout the game!
- The Local Tap House (184 Carlisle St, Balaclava) – Join The Local Tap House upstairs at Wilfreds Bar from 10am to kick off Superbowl 50 party shown on the big screen live! For $25 you’ll get a can of Sierra Nevada and American themed food throughout the game. Don’t go somewhere else and drink watered down yellow fizzy beer! There’ll be 20 craft beers on tap as well as cans from Sierra Nevada Golden Road Brewing and Founders Brewing Co. Get your ticket online here.
- Middle Park Bowling Club (101 Canterbury Rd, Middle Park) – Super Bowl LI is nearly upon us and where better to watch it than Middle Park Bowls Club! Buckets of Budweiser for $20 and you’ll also receive a FREE Budweiser Cap with each bucket purchased. It’ll be a great atmosphere down here with American Style Chicken Wings and Succulent Ribs being served from 10am. Door Open 9:30am!! Bookings Essential! Call the club on 9690 4048 to reserve your spot now!
- The Prahran Hotel (82 High Street, Prahran) – Cheer, cheer, the Superbowl is here! Request an RDO immediately for the Prahran Hotel’s annual Superbowl Party. Doors open at 9am with all the action screened live with sound on 9 plasmas. To celebrate the Superbowl, Prahran Hotel will run an American dude food specials menu and $20 buckets of Miller (4 stubbies). Think Southern fried chicken nuggets with bacon mayo, mini dagwood dogs, an American double Angus burger with cheese and bacon and smokey BBQ ribs.
- The Precinct (60 Swan St, Richmond) – The Precinct’s Annual Super Bowl party is the ultimate way to watch Super Bowl 51 live from Houston Texas! This is the first year post refurb that it’ll screen on the massive courtyard TV as well as across the other 5 huge screens throughout the venue. Doors open at 8am with the kitchen serving up Texan style food and $25 Budweiser buckets. $15 for a general entry ticket or $25 for a reserved seat. Get your ticket here.
- Rosstown Hotel (1084 Dandenong Rd, Carnegie) – The Rosstown will be showing the 2017 Super Bowl in our sports bar on Monday the 6th February. Doors open at 9am. Meals deals and Budweiser specials will be available from 9 – 2.30pm. Group table bookings available from 9am.
- Silver Lake Social (198 Chapel St, Prahran) – Doors open at 9am with a 10.30am kickoff. There is limited space available so first in first served! They’ll have plenty of Buffalo Wings with pickled ranch, as well as the following drink specials for the duration of the game: $10 Brooklyn Lager pints, $12 Brooklyn & Woodford Reserve Boilermakers, $12 Woodford Reserve Tap Cocktails, Brooklyn & Salitos Beer Bucket Specials
- Skinny Dog Hotel (155 High St, Kew) – Take the day off and join the Skinny Dog Sports Bar for Super Bowl! Get the party started with buckets of Bud for $20 and epic Bloody Marys! They’ll be serving American BBQ style food all day too. Come cheer on your team at Skinny!
- The St Kilda Branch (204 Barkley St, St Kilda) – Catch the Superbowl 50 live at The Branch with 5 Hours of all inclusive drinks from 10am. Tickets – $65 The game will be on the big screens. Secure your tickets here.
- The Swan (425 Church St, Richmond) – Join The Swan Hotel for the 51st Super Bowl on Monday 6 February from 10am. They have $25 Bud Buckets, USA food specials and prizes and giveaways. As well as spot prizes for the best dressed fan!
- The Birmingham (333 Smith St, Fitzroy) – Open from 10am with Ribs and Wings specials and an all day Happy Hour including $7 pints of 4 Pines APA and Melbourne Bitter.
- The Catfish (30 Gertrude St, Fitzroy) – Showing Super Bowl 51 live on the big screen at the fish from 8am Monday! Sparrow’s Philly Cheesesteaks and beers flowing all day!
- The Great Northern Hotel (644 Rathdowne St, Carlton North) – It’s nearly that time of year again! Super Bowl Monday – the greatest excuse in the world to drink great American beers and eat delicious American food before midday. Make sure to book your tables early to get the best spots.
- The Leveson (46 Leveson Street, North Melbourne) – Join the Leveson for their annual Super Bowl party. There are 3 ticket types available, the VIP ticket for $90 which includes your a private room, a buffet and your first 3 drinks, or $80 for 2 drinks and a 3 course lunch or general admission for $15 which includes entry and your first drink. To book, call 9328 1109.
- The Old Bar (74-76 Johnston St, Fitzroy) – This year The Old Bar will be showing the Super Bowl on their brand new projector and booming through the PA.They will be opening at 8am which is both gross and amazing. Food will be provided by Lou’s Dogs. The event is sponsored by Brooklyn Lager and we will be selling cheap jugs all day.
- The Rochester (202 Johnston St, Fitzroy) – Come get into the spirit for the 51st Super Bowl at the Rochey. Opening the doors at 9am, with the game set to kick off around 10.30, they’ve got your day covered with the big game shown on the big screen and on TV’s throughout the venue, dude food specials such their new world famous cheese burger and hot dogs, as well as beer specials such as buckets of PBR cans for $25. Get in quick and reserve your spot now for you and your mates: email@example.com.
- The Royal Derby Hotel (446 Brunswick St Fitzroy) – Book your table now for superbowl 51 at the Royal Derby Hotel – Fitzroy’s Home of Sport have Budwieser buckets and an all American menu especially for the day. Book you table now: Enquiries@royalderbyhotel.
com.au or call 03 9417 2321 during business hours.
- The Penny Black (420 Sydney Rd Brunswick) – Penny Black are throwing the biggest Super Bowl party on the northside. They’ll be showing the game on two big screens, with the pre-game entertainment starting at 9am. Grab yourself a bucket of Bud for $25 and 1 kilo of wings for just $10 or our American burger special – that’s double patty, double cheese and a whole lotta USA vibe!
- The Provincial (299 Brunswick St, Fitzroy) – Join The Provincial for the Super Bowl 2016! Kick back and watch the big game with $20 beer buckets, or a $10 hotdog and Coors combo. For more information call 9810 0042.
- The Valley (McPherson St, Moonee Ponds) – How does relaxing in the summer sun watching the epic Super Bowl final LIVE on a Super Screen sound? Well that’s exactly what you’re in store for at The Valley! With FREE entry you will have more to spend on the delicious Food Trucks on-site and at the bars which will be selling $5 Budweiser’s throughout the game. The spacious lawn and decking will be filled with furniture and the atmosphere abuzz as one of the biggest sporting moments for 2017 gets underway. Score a touchdown at The Valley this Super Bowl Monday and don’t miss a moment of the action!
- Victoria Hotel (380 Victoria St, Brunswick) – Doors open at 9am. $20 buckets of Coronas and Buds all day plus Wings, Sliders, Nachos and Hot Dogs. Book your table now – 9388 0830