It’s Superbowl season again and even though I have zero understanding of the game, I do rather like standing around in a room full of enthusiasts while drinking beers and eating wings at 10am on Monday morning while all other sensible people are at work or in bed. To that end, here are a few places in Melbourne who are opening early, putting on the burgers and laying down some kegs or cans for your sporting enjoyment.
- Melbourne Public (11 Dukes Walk, South Wharf) – Pull on your jerseys – it’s that time of year again. The annual Super Bowl party returns to Melbourne Public – with multiple screens dedicated to bringing to you all of the live action from Texas. Open from 8am, book a day off work and hang out with your buddies – playing American-themed games & selecting from an American inspired menu. VIP booths available, a free breakfast burger for those who book a reserved seat, Budweiser beer bucket specials & more. Tickets start from $15 a head with packages for groups. Get your tickets here.
- P.J. O’Briens (Southgate Restaurant & Shopping Precinct, Southbank) – Join P.J.O’Brien’s Southbank for one of the biggest sporting events in the world! On Monday 9 February, doors open at 9am with an All American Menu & Beers including $7 Bottle Coors and $25 Bucket of 4 Coors. Watch the game Live with sound on all screens. Book by calling 9686 5011.
- The Turf bar (131 Queens St, Melbourne) – Watch the Super Bowl in Melbourne at the venue that started it all – Turf Sports Bar. Some seating still available but be quick for one of the biggest days of the year! Otherwise it’s standing room. Doors open 9am, with an All American Menu and buckets of Budweiser (4) for $25, plus prizes and giveaways. Email email@example.com or call 9670 1271.
- Wharf Hotel (18-38 Siddely St, Melbourne) – Super Bowl 51 broadcast over 8 large plasmas! $14 Super Bowl eats: Southern Fried Chicken | Hot Dogs + more, $9 Budweiser | $25 Budweiser Buckets and $20 Breakfast Nachos + Bottle of Budweiser. Doors open 9am | Broadcast from 10am live Huston. Entry is free and you can book by calling 03 8680 6000.
- Young and Jacksons (1 Swanston St, Melbourne) – Watch the absolute best from the NFC and AFC battle it out for this seasons finale, and taking home the majestic Lombardi trophy. Doors open at early for all the coverage and build up footage. Book the day off work, grab ya mate, pull on your jersey, and head down to Young and Jackson. They will have all the usual ‘merican beers, a specially designed menu (did somebody say “wings”?!), and smokey Jack Daniels bloody mary’s to offer y’all. Coverage on our huge HD screen will transport you to all the action over in Houston, Texas. War paint, banter, and friendly rivalry is all encouraged!
- The College Lawn (36 Greville Street, Prahran) – From 10am to 2pm the College Lawn is offering you an all inclusive package for the Super Bowl. Food, Drink plus big screens to watch the game, all for $85 a head. You can book your spot here.
- Middle Park Bowling Club (101 Canterbury Rd, Middle Park) – Super Bowl LI is nearly upon us and where better to watch it than Middle Park Bowls Club! Buckets of Budweiser for $20 and you’ll also receive a FREE Budweiser Cap with each bucket purchased. It’ll be a great atmosphere down here with American Style Chicken Wings and Succulent Ribs being served from 10am. Door Open 9:30am!! Bookings Essential! Call the club on 9690 4048 to reserve your spot now!
- The Precinct (60 Swan St, Richmond) – The Precinct’s Annual Super Bowl party is the ultimate way to watch Super Bowl 51 live from Houston Texas! This is the first year post refurb that it’ll screen on the massive courtyard TV as well as across the other 5 huge screens throughout the venue. Doors open at 8am with the kitchen serving up Texan style food and $25 Budweiser buckets. $15 for a general entry ticket or $25 for a reserved seat. Get your ticket here.
- The St Kilda Branch (204 Barkley St, St Kilda) – Catch the Superbowl 50 live at The Branch with 5 Hours of all inclusive drinks from 10am. Tickets – $65 The game will be on the big screens. Secure your tickets here.
- The Swan (425 Church St, Richmond) – Join The Swan Hotel for the 51st Super Bowl on Monday 6 February from 10am. They have $25 Bud Buckets, USA food specials and prizes and giveaways. As well as spot prizes for the best dressed fan!
- The Leveson (46 Leveson Street, North Melbourne) – Join the Leveson for their annual Super Bowl party. There are 3 ticket types available, the VIP ticket for $90 which includes your a private room, a buffet and your first 3 drinks, or $80 for 2 drinks and a 3 course lunch or general admission for $15 which includes entry and your first drink. To book, call 9328 1109.
- The Provincial (299 Brunswick St, Fitzroy) – Join The Provincial for the Super Bowl 2016! Kick back and watch the big game with $20 beer buckets, or a $10 hotdog and Coors combo. For more information call 9810 0042.